Put Windows in its place

I am so happy! Ubuntu and VirtualBox have made it possible to, "Put Windows in its place". Windows is now safely sandboxed and subservient to a *nix operating system. I can now start, stop, reboot it, and constrain Windows use of resources without rebooting my entire system. VirtualBox seamless mode even allows me to run Windows applications as individual Windows right on my Ubuntu desktop. This is so much nicer than the WINE palarva.

I installed Windows once under VirtualBox and can now clone it on my system from a single file. If it gets messed up, I only have to copy the original Windows install file which is safely backed up; no need to ever reinstall Windows again. I can make separate instances of Windows if/when I need one for a particular Windows only application, i.e., Enterprise Architect, Quicken, etc.

The world of computing has become a better place.

Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sites, Newsletters, and Blogs

Oracle JDBC ReadTimeout QueryTimeout